Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Whew!

I just finished my 61st year of this incredible journey.  So many things done and seen.  So much time has passed and oh so quick.  Just yesterday, I was a young man who was not supposed to "trust anyone over 30"!!!  That was 40 years ago.  Now I have been one of those untrusted ones for over 30 years.  After all this time, I have yet to figure out just why I was not supposed to trust those over 30.  Oh well, doesn't seem to matter much now.  So many things change as we travel through time.  Views about matters ebb and flow like the wind.  Times change almost as fast as it passes. 
One thing I have noticed.  Everything we see and are told today has "faster" attached to it.  Faster computers, phones, bill paying etc...  We go so fast, supposedly to allow us more time to do stuff.  I just get tired from all the speed.  Another benefit of aging!
I always wondered why my parents generation looked back at the good old days and smiled.  Now I know why.  As we age we find it more difficult to keep up with all the changes happening around us.  This scares us a little, so we wish things would not change so rapidly..We aren't as comfortable as we would like.  We all know that the new generation is missing out on the good old days.
Well, Buckaroos, relax.  Time will pass and accelerate.  So hang on and try to enjoy the ride.  But every now and then take a break, slow down and just say Whew.
Oh yea.......if you are 30 now, don't blink.......you will end up over 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.