Monday, July 16, 2012

The Missing Gene

So,  I find it somewhat interesting that I (being of sound mind) decided to start "blogging" .  I am from the age that grew up playing outdoors because we did not have the multitude of distractions so prevalent in the lives of younger people.  Prior to friends, tweets, likes, birds that are angry for some reason, brothers named Mario etc.., we were capable of entertaining ourselves with toys that were manipulated through sand boxes, games that required us not sitting on our butts, and development of appendages other than our thumbs.  Is it any wonder that I struggle to maintain the use of electronics that were science fiction when I was young.
I have not been able to BLOG for sometime because my computer / modem has been at odds with me.  After several failures at fixing the problem,  I called in the experts......30 year olds!  The experts are from a generation raised on this electronic equipment much like I was raised with a baseball glove and a tent.  I can start a fire without the aid of matches and survive a night without TV or my phone, but try as I might, I cannot come to grips with the mysteries of the internet.  I suspicion that something has been added to the fast food that we live on today that has genetically altered recent generations.  A new Gene has developed that allows new generations to understand the complexities of thin air. 
Because I am missing this new super Gene,  I am probably destined to struggle with the information highway for my remaining days.  Fortunately my 9 year old grandson will be available to keep me on-line for the near future.  While he does that, I will immerse myself in a good book.  For you twitterers,  that is a paper based document you have to manipulate with your hands,  but not a joy stick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.