Monday, July 2, 2012

Driving blind.......Again

I saw a new car commercial.  Guess what?  Even more stuff you don't have to do for yourself behind the wheel!  This little vehicle slows down automatically if it detects a slower moving vehicle in front of you.  In case you are texting or watching that little TV in your dash, I suppose.  Side note....I should get my Niece one of those because she drives close enough to vehicles to read the little stickers fine print on the plates!!!  This car also tells you of vehicles approaching you from your blind spot,  which could be anywhere not seen on your phone or TV screen.
I watched the Jetsons back in the day.  I know flying cars are in our future.  So it stands to reason that vehicles capable of driving themselves would be an intermediate step?  I cannot remember George (Jetson) not having to pilot his flying vehicle.  So we may be off track with current trends of laziness and inattentiveness.  I would suggest that if you are not capable of spotting a slower vehicle in front of you, looking in your rear-view mirror, parking with-out assistance and/or driving from A to B without your dashboard directing you,  you may want to give us other motorists a break and stay off the highway.  Or, in the event you are wealthy,  keep that chauffer and pay him/her well.  But under no circumstances send them to school to learn about the new electronics!
I have my eye on all you motorists,  because your eyes may not be on the road.  Here's lookin at ya!

1 comment:

  1. It is becoming increasingly difficult to drive all the other cars on the road, like my dad taught me. Now you have to assume they are focused on one of their little screens and have no idea anyone else is on the road. I wonder how many airbag deployments hit phones before faces?

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment, leave your name.