Monday, July 16, 2012

The usual crap

I enjoy watching the news.  Why?  I know not.
I tuned into the Republican channel (Fox) for their normal unbiased approach to the news.  YOU DECIDE!  I found it interesting that the top story is yet another tale of He said, He said.  Seems that the two front runners for our political chief are engaged in a heated debate over which is hiding the most from the public.  Problem for me is that they seem to think I give a rip about their past tax returns or their college transcripts.  I care about the economy, foreign trade deficits, rising budget deficits, unchecked spending, term limits, tort reform and health care costs to name a few.  Do I care about their school yard war of words about who is the sneakiest or the least truthful?  No!  I have lost a lot of faith in the political system.  I want people to speak for me in government that have a legitimate interest in the well-being of our people and our Nation as a whole.  People that respect the job of representing the masses without hidden adgendas to further their own interests above those of the general population.
It is unlikely that anyone would be able to satisfy everyone.  However, there should be a deep desire to do what is best for a majority.  State and federal government has grown out of control and lost sight of their true mission.  Their mission should be to care for the needs of the many and not to campaign for re-election.  If you are successful at your job,  we will be glad to have you back for a second term.  If you fail us,  you are fired.
Hey you two.......stop trying to convince me the other guy is guilty of something that I could care less about and convince me that you have a grip on things that do concern me.  I am tired of trying to decide who will be the least objectionable.  Give me a choice to make between two (or more) people that really project an understanding of our needs and desires.  I am tired of the usual crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.