Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Its your fault.......dumba--!

A co-worker and I were discussing sports today.  We do this pretty much every day.  Primary topic for today was sports and injuries.  It seems that athletes today hold everyone except themselves responsible for their game related injuries.  I watch and enjoy a number of sports.  I have yet to find the slave leagues.  By that I mean that I understand participation in sports at all levels to still be voluntary.  Young athletes dream of making it to the next level where they will be treated  more god-like.  From early age,  people that show some signs of prowess in sports are treated differently than the mere mortals around them.  They enter a life of privilege and treatment of being special.  The pot of gold at the base of the rainbow can be substantial.  In some rare cases millions of dollars. 


That being said.  Why then is it someone Else's responsibility for injuries sustained in an attempt to cash in.  I just imagine that playing a sport that has a certain level of physical violence associated with it is somehow no longer free choice.  Lets see,  I think I will be a boxer.  I am sure that my opponent won't hit me over and over in the head.  Or maybe I'll be a football player.  After all I get to wear a helmet.  No one will smack me in the head there.  Naw,  I'll play soccer.  After all the ball is soft so when I use my head to kick it, it can't    possibly do  damage.


If you choose to play a sport with injuries and violence associated with it, then take responsibility for your own well being.  It is not someone Else's fault.  Are you so dumb as to not understand the risk involved in  the reward?  You are to blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.