Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Spy You

Did you ever type (do we still type?) your name into the inner-web?  Interesting stuff in there.  Maybe even a little scary.  I am not one of those worriers that believe Big Brother is watching for some sinister reason.  I am, however, curious as to just who it is that takes the time to put stuff about everyday citizens into the web and organizes it.


With all the talk these days about the Governments spying and data collection,  I wonder if the people with that phobia about being watched have some legitimate concerns.  If you can believe the news today,  and that is a stretch sometimes, 200 million phone calls are monitored daily.  Reportedly if you use certain words or terms,  you might get visited by Homeland Security,  the FBI or some other rogue Federal Agency.  Now, I am not worried in the least that I may be shuttled off in the middle of the night to some secret dungeon and waterboarded.


 But,  I do wonder to what end these web sites have been created.  One site would allow me to create an account and by doing so I can access "private"  information concerning any individual I wish to poke into my new little laptop.  I can in essence become a SPY.  I can obtain phone numbers, e-mail addresses, legal doings, etc..  What the hell?  I can do this under the guise of background checks in case I want to hire your worthless butt!  Just kidding,  I would never hire you.


From now on this blog is strictly spy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.