Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chicken

I get "The Paper" delivered to the house weekly.  I'm not special,  everybody gets one.  Nevertheless, I have to turn to the "Speak Out" section first.  I get a kick from reading alot of the stuff called in.  Tonight there were , as usual,  several people quoting the Bible and offering their views on religion as proof that they were right about some subject. 

I beleive everyone is entitled to their opinion reguardless of their religious affiliation.  One person in particular was very upset that some politician made remarks about the seperation of church and state.  I for one beleive this to be a good thing.  Our founding fathers were, I think, smart to understand that freedom of religion would be contradictory to a government that favored a particular religion.

Another person was railing against Chick-Fil-A.  If I understand correctly,  the founder/owner of this Company made reference to his beliefs reguarding Gay Marriage.  He also has made it Company policy to remain closed on Sundays.  These are decisions made to stay within the Religious beliefs he practices.  So who cares?  I do not beleive he was demanding anyone else agree with him,  he was simply stating opinions of his.  So now the fighting has commenced.  People pro-gay want boycotts,  and anti-gays still want gays crucified.  Nothing changes.  I for one still think their chicken is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.