Thursday, August 30, 2012

a GAME

So I can't stop myself.  I tune into the RNC because I am curious.  I caught most of Mrs. Romney's speech.  I was impressed.  It almost seemed as though those were her actual thoughts and beliefs.  She did a wonderful job of presenting her speech and whoever helped with the writing was very good.  If only I could beleive it wasn't constructed purely for campaign purposes.

I had to stay tuned for Chris Christy and his speech.  He definately was campaining for the most part.  It seemed as though he had trouble tying Mr. Romney into his self promoting.  I think he has done a wonderful job fixing numerous problems in New Jersey,  but I think it became clear that he isn't ready for the "big stage".  It would be wonderful if what he professed to have done in Jersey could actually be acomplished in the next 4 years.  I really would not care who held office if we could change the direction our country is headed.

I can't remember all the people and who they are,  but at times I felt like I was at a pep rally.  I guess thats all the convention really is.  That and crappy reality TV.  I am amazed by all the talk of groups (women,  hispanics, blacks, etc...) that politicians think/try to target.  It is a confusing task to try to keep up with all the political jargon.  It would seem that if you are proposing to try to do the right things, then regardless of your grouping,  you would be interested in voting for that candidate. 

I am fascinated by this GAME  that we refer to as politics.  I am appalled that it is just that....a Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.