Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Shopping

Shopping,  now there is an activity that is fun.  During a recent shopping trip to the local city, I noticed alot of human interactions that were interesting.

A fair number of people simply do not have time to stand in line.  Wheather it be to pay for a purchase or to eat at a restaraunt.  Sneaking in line ahead of others or voicing displeasure with the pace or length of lines is commonplace.  I didn't treat shopping as a timed event.  I understand others simply were there first.

Children are not controlled well.  I especially enjoyed the little fellow standing on the counter at the fast food eatery.  He didn't climb up there,  his Mom put him there.  Aparently it was easier to tell him No a couple hundred times if he was at face level. Everyone knows that children have short attention spans,  so we bring them to the store to play with the merchandise.  A number of these were too young to understand the word No.  So, parents keep repeating themselves so that eventually these little nose pickers will learn.  I also enjoy hearing these precious little cherubs scream at the top of their lungs for what seems like hours.  Again,  they haven't learned what stop or No mean.  I was the odd ball parent.  Taught my kids what no meant at an early age.  Took them out of the public space when they were having a bad(loud) day.  Come on parents,  have a little respect for your surroundings.

Parking your vehicle is extremely competitive at the Mall.  There are numerous drivers dashing through the parking lot looking for that one space closer to the door.  Some even make space where there isn't any.  I now know why horns were put in cars, its so you don't have to raise your middle finger to talk to your fellow drivers.  Four-way stop signs are a competition.  Those drivers with the least courtesy can pick up a few seconds by brazenly going out of turn.  This allows them to possibly eliminate a few seconds of driving time and possibly that parking spot one car closer to the door.  I have found that I am still able to walk the distance required to get into the Mall, after all,  I have to walk around IN the Mall.  I have survived numerous stops at the four-way even though I wait my turn.  I still wouldn't know if my horn worked if I didn't honk when I picked someone up.  But, I must admit,  my middle finger still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.