Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cliff...again

I found it interesting that our "lawmakers" decided to recess for the holidays without finishing work to prevent the "fiscal cliff".  I understand there is still time, though.  What pisses me off,  well several things ,  there doesn't seem to be any urgengy applied to this (or any other problem).  The primary concern seems to be winning between Republicans and Democrats.  Its a game played with vast egos and apparently small minds.  These people cannot seem to grasp the fact that they mismanage our country while they play these games.  I watched a little of the channel on tv that shows the legislature.  Several impassioned speeches were given that we should work together (we being R's and D's) to solve this problem or that problem.
Each speech seemed to end the same way,  placing blame on the opposition party for not having  solutions.

The Fiscal Cliff problem and solution seems to have become just two peoples issue.  Obama and Behner (I probably didn't spell that right but what the heck he doesn't do much right either).  That is a scary proposition given the fact that they were instrumental in digging us such a deep hole in the first place.

The fundamental solution is simple.  Raise Taxes and curb spending.  The details of that solution are not simple.  I, for one, understand that I must pay for the stupidity of our leaders past decisions.  I will pay my fair share to continue to live a good, free life.  But, only if there is a plan to bring us back to solvency that is practical and obtainable in the short term.  Lawmakers......get off your ass and start doing your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.