Monday, June 5, 2017

I love pie.

So, I have been brainwashed.  I turn on Facebook every couple nights.  I have found it a reasonable way to see what friends and family are up to.  I am terrible at finding time to spend with them.  So I have reverted to checking in the "Cloud" for my information.  I do miss the personal nature of face to face meetings, but, I have become too busy (lazy, really) to make contact.  Unlike when I was younger, I simply run out of energy earlier.

 I am troubled by a lot of what I see on Facebook.  The proliferation of new "News" sources is a point of concern. I have read a number of articles (Not on the inner-web) describing the practice of  posting outrageous headlines under a variety of "News" source banners simply to create readership to garner advertising revenue.  There is a name for the practice, but, I cannot remember what it is.  The gist of it is that the web is rife with made up shit that a large number of people are taking as factual.  We seem to have lost our ability to sense bullshit when confronted with preposterous writings.  It appears that we have created a great divide among readers of this tripe.  Most of the division has become "political" in nature.  I read comments with my jaw dropped onto my chest.  People that I believe are intelligent are caught up in this epic battle of who did what to who.  There has become no middle ground, no compromise, no working together to achieve common goals.  Things are simply good or bad based on a Party affiliation.  These intelligent people truly believe that right or wrong depends on the party affiliation.  Holy crap!

Now I will admit that I am certainly not a Trump fan. (Now this is where the internet deems me a Hilary supporter), and I am certainly not a Hilary supporter.  I am a believer that once elected, your mission becomes finding  the best way to serve the public.  It turns my stomach to watch partisan politics being played at the expense of the people that expect better of their elected officials.  It takes an idiot to think that only their Party has the answers to all things important.

Trump supporters mystify me.  They seem blind to his stupid behavior and believe all the dim witted noise made by him.  Do they not watch him attempt to speak?  Have you not read from his twitter account?  His behavior seems to be that of someone lost as to the root of his job.  I am not a fan of a "Wall" along our southern border,  a total dismantling of Health Care with no idea how to improve it, a massive increase in Military spending when we are so deeply in debt, a Tax break of 60% for Corporations when we are so deeply in debt, continued spending on "pork" because that's just stealing from the taxpayers, and, exhibiting a total lack of respect to science and the environment.

I have disagreed with many actions of past Presidents.  But, all  of my years I have never witnessed the complete disintegration of civility that exists today.  I will find fault in our political process.  I was raised to look upon leaders of our country with respect and a belief that they somehow were acting for our benefit.  The past few elections and the resulting campaigns have taught our population that the way to get ahead is to denigrate your opponent.  Make up the vilest crap you can about your opponent and paint them as the most despicable person imaginable.  Create an atmosphere of hate for the opposition.  Do not, under any circumstance, address issues that have a bearing on the reality of daily life for the bulk of the population.  Promise completely fabricated impossible items, like lowering taxes while spending more money while raising the National Debt.  Sadly, there are voters that buy into this crap.

I did not vote for Mr. Trump, but wait, I did not vote for Mrs. Clinton either.  What?  Not Vote?  That's un-American!  That means you have no room to complain!  To that, I say,  kiss my you  know what.  By not supporting a person that I deem unfit to be President, I have exercised my rights to not be forced to do something against my will.  It is a beautiful thing to live in a country that allow you the freedom to express yourself.  Put it this way.  If you offer me Peach pie or Rhubarb pie, I will decline.  That does not mean I don't like pie, rather that I choose not to like Peach or Rhubarb.  I love pie, but only certain kinds.  I have a right to choose which Pie or which Politician I like.  I will not eat Pie that I dislike and I will not vote for a Politician I dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.