Monday, July 22, 2013

stupid has rights

Rolling Stone magazine published an issue with the surviving Boston Marathon bomber on the cover.  The fallout has been immense.

While I am tired of the glorification of turds like the "Bomber",  I strongly support our right to free speech.  The end result of Rolling Stone publishing this issue is yet to be known.  Their purposed serious story is, again, well within their right, even if not the smartest thing.  That is one of the beauties of living where we do.  We have a right to be stupid.

 I have not seen or read the article.  I have no desire.  I have always been of the opinion that Rolling Stone is an entertainment magazine.  Therefore I have formulated the opinion their latest cover story is purely an attempt to raise circulation.  It has certainly put their name on the lips of many non-readers, even if it has not raised readership.

Remember,  stupid people/organizations,  have rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.