Thursday, March 7, 2013

No better way

I had heart work (angioplasty and 4 stints added) in December.  Hadn't been feeling well and knew it was heart related.  Put it off as long as I was comfortable that I could still function.  Surgery went well but, I never felt as good as I did after the first time I had stints installed.  So I had another heart cath last week to see whats up.

I am beginning to think that 60 years of poor eating habits wasn't such a good idea.  After all that time my body and mind tend to reject healthy foods.  They just don't have the same flavor that salt and grease laden foods do.  I now have traded in my "donut" diet on a more health conscience diet that I will name the "Spit it out if it tastes good" diet. 

I have written about the benefits of growing older before.  Now we can add bland foods to the growing list of crap we have to put up with as we stroll through our GOLDEN years!  Whats Golden is the amount of money spent to continue into those wonderful years.  Wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dad...I am on a mission to help you LIKE new things! You are never too old to try new things. I love you and I am glad I get to keep you around (even if it means you have to eat food you don't like).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dino, I had my first spinach omelette yesterday as I attempt to introduce some of the food you spoke of into my diet. It was tough to not smother it with cheese. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste but must seek out more choices. Mango V8 was also a recent good find for me.
    M.Kissinger

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment, leave your name.