Sunday, October 21, 2012

Drinking

I have missed both Presidential debates and unfortunately the Vice-Presidential debate as well.  Missed is not correct,  I abstained from watching.  Over the past several months, the constant bombardment of negativity has completely erased any interest I may have had in the upcoming election.  Now I just want it to go away.

Based on the information given by the candidates,  parties and contributors over the past months, it is clear to me that there is not one single candidate worth voting for.  No one running for office has done anything worthwhile that would help the citizenry.  Each candidate, no matter the office they are campaigning for, has done the most despicable deeds while in prior office or in public life.

That begs the question,  at least to me,  where have all the good people gone and why won't they run for office?  Has our system deteriorated to the point that honest, trustworthy and concerned citizens simply are not interested or capable of getting in the system and championing change?  Or have we become a nation that is more concerned with the game of politics than the actual labor of politics.  We are infatuated with dissecting each sound bite and drawing meaning from it rather than forcing clear and concise dialogue about actual problems that face the country we live in.

I have no doubt that many candidates are decent people.  What I have real doubt about is their motives for running for office.  I think there is a certain credibility to the notion of drunk with power.
Stop drinking and start doing the job you were elected for.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the best political posts I've read in the last few months.

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment, leave your name.