Sunday, June 24, 2012

Thats whats wrong with Kids these days!

After reading my new Blog,  my sister-in-law commented that I sounded just like my Dad.  At this time that may not be a good thing.  My 86 year old Dad has become somewhat "negative" in his views and constantly uses the phrase "That's whats wrong with kids these days."  So my sister-in-law,  we will use Pam for her name, because her name is Pam, struck a note that made me think.  Growing up my Dad was my hero and role model.  I wanted to be like my Dad.  He is smart, talented, funny and loving even if he hid the latter most of the time.  What I hadn't planned for was the eventuality that I might  entertain some of his less desireable qualities. Never the less,  Dad is still Dad and my opinions may mirror his mood if not his thoughts.  I think that at some point in life we reach a stage where we have studied things long enough that we generate a philosophy that demands we speak our mind.  Granted some minds are sharper than others. Did I mention I always wanted to be like Dad?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Aunt Pam and I discussed this :) You know you are a lot like your dad, and I love you both! Speak your mind, just don't let those great qualities get shut out.

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment, leave your name.