Sunday, April 29, 2018

Tina

I met Tina in 7th grade.  She was the prettiest, most popular girl in our class.  One day a classmate asked me to ask her if she would go to the seventh grade dance with him.  So I asked Tina if she was going to the dance and she responded no one had asked her.  So I asked her to go with me and she said yes.  That was the beginning of a friendship that has lasted for 50 years.

Our relationship is based on many things, none of them have anything to do with romance.  I have always found Tina to be smart, organized, caring and ripe with common sense.  She has a marvelous sense of humor and a way of viewing things that has uncommon clarity.  I really can find no reason she favors me with her friendship.  It is fair to say that I love Tina.  She is the closest thing to a sister that I have.

Over the years Tina has been the keeper of our class.  She has been the moving force that organizes reunions and tracks class mates.  She has always allowed me to assist her and the time we have spent has been a source of happiness that I treasure.


In High School,  Tina dated one of my good friends and they married shortly after graduating.  Funny thing is, I dated and became engaged to her younger sister.  Neither worked out, but, we both found new loves and enjoyed a happy life.  Each went our way, our paths crossing every so often.  Recent years have  had us spending more time together and certainly ,0n my part, enjoying every minute of time spent together.


If I never work up the courage to express fully my love and admiration for Tina,  I hope in some way she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment, leave your name.